Welcome to the Laboratory for Electron Microscopy
The Laboratory for Electron Microscopy (LEM), is a multidisciplinary research support facility that offers microscopy services to all departments of the North West University, other universities, research centers and the industry.
Key functions of the LEM
- Provision of state of the art electron microscopy equipment, knowledge, and training to students and researchers in all disciplines of science and engineering
- Offer advice to students and staff of the University regarding the preparation of materials, the handling of equipment and the interpretation of results.
- Transmission electron microscope (TEM)
- Scanning electron microscope (SEM)
- Atomic Force Microscope (AFM)
- Flourescence Microscope
- Optical Microscopes.
- Sample preparation equipment.