Chem4Energy is pleased to announce the 2024 Conference on ‘Materials and Processes for a Sustainable Energy Future’, to be held in Muldersdrift, South Africa, on Wednesday 20 – Sunday 24 March 2024.
The Chem4Energy community has grown out of several collaborative UK-Africa consortium programmes and 2024 will see the third in this series of annual meetings, which focus in particular on
- Highlighting the synergy between experiment and computation
- Offering opportunities for early career researchers to disseminate their work in oral and poster presentations
- Allowing plenty of opportunity for discussion of the research presentations
The Chem4Energy conferences aim to bring together local academic and industrial researchers and developers from Southern Africa with colleagues from Europe, the USA and further afield, to discuss the latest developments in sustainable energy materials and processes, build new collaborations, and influence and support future directions in the field of sustainable energy research.
Abstracts for oral or poster presentation are now invited. Full details of the submission process are available on the conference website.
Although contributions in all areas within the Chem4Energy remit are welcome, core themes of the 2024 meeting include:
- Homogeneous and heterogeneous catalysis for clean energy production
- CO2 capture and utilisation
- Materials for solar energy devices
- Nuclear energy
- Hydrogen production, storage and transport
- High-performance computing in energy research
Keynote speakers (announced to-date):
- Professor Chris Hardacre, University of Manchester, UK
- Professor Magda Titirici, Imperial College London, UK
- Professor Robin Grimes, Imperial College London, UK
- Call for abstracts: Friday 11 August 2023
- Abstract submission deadline for oral or poster presentation: Friday 3 November 2023
- Bursary applications: Friday 10 November 2023
- Abstract acceptance notification (oral or poster): Friday 8 December 2023
- Registration open: Friday 11 August 2023
- Registration deadline for presenting authors: Friday 12 January 2024
- Registration closes: Friday 26 January 2024
Please take the time to explore the conference website for details on key dates; abstract submission; registration and accommodation; and to keep yourself informed of any changes. If you have any questions or enquiries after visiting the site please email the Conference Secretariat Chem4Energy@leeds.ac.uk.
We look forward to receiving your abstract submission and to your presence at the Chem4Energy 2024 Conference.
- Professor Cornie van Sittert, North-West University, South Africa
- Dr Marietjie Ungerer, Cardiff University, UK
- Professor Nora de Leeuw, University of Leeds, UK; Utrecht University, The Netherlands