The Metabolomics Platform has the following commercial and research services available based on the different metabolomics approaches (sorted in 4 categories)
Metabolic profiling or metabolome blocking (targeted analysis of compounds related by class, pathway or function)
- Amino acid analyses
- Acylcarnitine analyses (acylglycines and acylglucuronides can be included for an additional cost).
- Organic acid analyses
- Fatty acid methyl ester analyses (lipid bound fatty acid profiling)
- S-adenosylmethionine pathway analyses
- NMR Targeted metabolite(s) profile
Untargeted analysis of primary and secondary metabolites
- LC-MS (liquid chromatography – mass spectrometry) analysis in positive and/or negative ionization mode is fit to screen metabolites belonging to the secondary metabolism.
- GC-MS (gas chromatography – mass spectrometry) analysis of silylated compounds covers mainly the metabolites belonging to the primary metabolism.
- H1-NMR (nuclear magnetic resonance) analysis is also fit for metabolites belonging to the primary metabolism that are in high concentrations.
- Method development and targeted analysis of compound(s) of interest.
- Statistics and bioinformatics
The turnaround time for services 1 should be less than a month (depending on the number of samples and instrument availability). Turnaround time for service 2 should be less than 2 months (depending on number of samples and whether identification of important compounds is essential). Turnaround time for the third service should be no less than 6 months and depends on whether standards are available or easily synthesized.
Output of the first 3 services is a data table containing the relative concentrations (or normalized intensities) of the measured compounds in the given samples. The 4th service can be selected as an additional (add-on) service where the data in the data table is processed with appropriate statistics and the relevant metabolic changes given in addition to the data table.