The NWU celebrated the annual research awards during a gala event held in Potchefstroom on 27 October 2017. The Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences congratulates our fellow colleagues on the following awards:
- First and foremost, to our Executive Dean Prof Eno Ebenzo as newly rated and reconfirmed researcher with a B-rating.
- Other newly rated and reconfirmed researchers with a B-rating include: Prof Stefan Ferreira, Prof Nico Smit and Prof Albie van Dijk.
- Newly rated and reconfirmed researchers with a C-rating include: Prof Collins Ateba, Prof Carlos Bezuidenhout, Prof Sarel Cilliers, Prof Marelie Davel, Prof Riaan de Jongh, Prof Magda Huisman, Prof Klaus Kellner, Prof Masood Khalique, Prof Roan Louw, Prof Mark Maboeta, Prof Oladimeji Oladele, Prof Luke Sandham, Prof Christien Strydom and Prof Pieter van Zyl.
- Newly rated and reconfirmed researchers with Y-rating include: Dr Indra Bahadur, Dr Amare Abebe Gidelew, Prof Emmanuel Mukwevho and Dr Damian Onwudiwe.
In the category “Awards: Innovation in Research”
- Ms Marié du Toit received the “Commercialisation transaction of the year” award for her MyLab project,
- Prof Cobus Kriek received the “International recognition at the Hello Tomorrow Challenge”, and
- Prof Manie Volsoo was awarded the “most promising new declaration” for Guerbet Surfactants.
- The student medal (award to a student in every faculty annually for the best master’s degree) went to TA Titti (supervisor: Prof O Ruzvidzo)