The Statistical Consultation Services of the Potchefstroom Campus of North-West University (SCS) has been in existence since 1980. SCS provides assistance to:
- North-West University post graduate students and personnel.
- Other universities’ post graduate students and personnel.
- Any private sector clients (persons and institutions not affiliated with any university).
SCS renders the following services:
- Assistance with the planning of research projects. This may include statistical planning of clinical trials and surveys by means of experimental and random sampling designs.
- Questionnaire review in terms of face validity.
- Guidance with regards to data collection.
- Statistical analysis and data mining by means of suitable computer packages, including SAS, STATISTICA and SPSS.
- Assistance with the interpretation of processed results.
- Assistance with regards to publications.
- Review of the final report or article.
Note: SCS recommends that clients should consult with SCS during planning stages of a research project, and not only after data are collected. Also, if it is a student project, then the supervisor / promoter must accompany the student during the first consultation.
Several accredited short courses in Statistics are also available. Short courses consist of both a theoretical and a practical component. The practical component is performed in statistical computer software packages such as STATISTICA, SPSS and R.
Short courses can also be tailor-made for companies to satisfy their individual training needs in terms of content, statistical analysis software, course length etc. These could also be presented in-house if more than fifteen delegates attend.