What is Microbiology?
Microbiology entails the uncovering of mysteries of microscopic life and the application thereof in modern society. The interaction of viruses, bacteria, archaea and fungi with the environment, their industrial application and clinical importance affects almost every area of human life. Undergraduate study in Microbiology includes the study of different types of microbes as well as applications in microbial ecology, genetics and industrial microbiology.
Microbiology consists of the following subjects:
- Introductory Microbiology for nursing
- Introductory Microbiology
- Introductory Microbial Genetics, Virology and Immunology
- Microbial Physiology
- Recombinant DNA Technology and Industrial Microbiology
- Diversity and ecology of micro-organisms
- Microbiology for food and nutrition